Great Website Design Takes Proper Planning!
Domains, Hosting, and Setting Up Wordpress
Let's Get The Details Worked Out So You Can Start Creating!
Customizing Your Template
Let's Get Designing!
- Installing a Demo Template
- Changing Default Colors, Footer Text, Fonts & More
- Adding a Customized Slider To Your Homepage
- Editing Pages
- Adding Testimonials
- Adding A Gallery/Portfolio
- Contact Forms
- Adding an Email Sign Up To Your Website
- Footer Setup
- Getting Rid of Un-Needed Demo Content
- Menus and Navigation
- Final touches
- Always Remember
- BONUS: Social Media Setup & Linking
- BONUS: Email Setup
What Are Domains, Hosting, & Platforms?
Before you get started, you need to have a clear understanding of what a domain is, what hosting is, and what a platform is. This 20 minute video will explain the differences and who we recommend for each type of service.
For this class, you will need to have a domain and hosting purchased (not included in the cost of this course).
We recommend setting up your domain through Namecheap, GoDaddy, Siteground, or Bluehost.
Hosting we recommend you setup through Siteground.
Complete instructions on setting up a domain and hosting are in later lessons. Please watch those first if you haven’t setup domain or hosting yet.